Terms & Conditions
"Politeness is the sine qua non of civilization"
Robert A Heinlein
We don't want to write reams of regulations dictating how you should behave on Aegora; the principle stated above should be sufficient. But for legal reasons we have to. So here they are.
This section describes the terms and conditions relating to use of Aegora (the Service) as a whole.
- Acceptance of these Policies: By using or accessing any part of the Service, you are accepting these terms and conditions and the agreements detailed within. Aegora reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time, which modifications take effect immediately they are posted here or transmitted to you, and your continued use of the Service shall be deemed acceptance of these changes.
- Liability: Aegora is currently in the process of early development and no claims are made, or liability accepted, for: uptime, service level, availability, merchantability, or any other such qualities. Your use of the Service, as a member or an anonymous user, is entirely at your own risk.
- Your Activities: Aegora accepts no responsibilities whatsoever for your activities as a member of the Service. As a member of Aegora, you alone are responsible for ensuring that your activities are in compliance with your local laws and regulations. When a member or anonymous user has been shown to engage in unacceptable behavior, that user's access to the Service may be summarily terminated. However, Aegora is not responsible for arbitration of any user disputes that may arise.
- Interactions: Aegora is a platform that enables its members to interact with one another. The nature of those interactions is the responsibility of the members involved, and Aegora disclaims any responsibility whatsoever for the nature or outcomes of those interactions.
- What we are and are not: Aegora is a multi-sided platform enabling professional individuals and companies to do business more easily. Aegora is NOT an employer, employee, service provider, service buyer or agency. Aegora has no involvement in the contracts users make with one another.
- Digital Millenium Copyright Act: Aegora has defined procedures for receiving written notification of claimed copyright infringements and for processing such claims. If you believe your copyrights are being infringed by a member of the Service, please email to Aegora (at info [at] aegora.com) a notice of infringement that substantially includes the following: (1) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (2) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (3) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing that is to be removed, and information reasonably sufficient to enable Aegora to locate it, such as a URL; (4) information reasonably sufficient to enable Aegora to contact the complaining party; (5) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (6) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Please be aware that Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability. Please also be aware that for security reasons any emails containing attachments may be blocked.
This section describes the terms and conditions relating to use of Aegora's member profiles and the information contained therein.
- Real People, Real Profiles: Aegora is a place for real professionals to showcase their real abilities. As a member of Aegora, you agree when creating and updating your personal profile to provide only your real name and personal details (including your real photo). Likewise, you agree that the information and content you add to your personal profile shall be representative only of your own activities, history and abilities. However, Aegora accepts no responsibility for the veracity of its members' profiles - although user profiles containing demonstrably false claims, including impersonation of other people, may be deleted and their owners' access to the Service may be summarily terminated.
- Profile Content: As a member of Aegora, you agree not to post obscene content on your profile. Profiles containing such content will be removed and their owners' access to the Service may be summarily terminated. The definition of obscenity will be entirely at Aegora's discretion.
- Professional Focus: Aegora is a platform for promoting your professional services and activities. For the purpose of user differentiation, we enable a great deal of freedom in the kinds of information our users can display, and how it is displayed. We therefore ask that you respect this and maintain a focus on your professional activities when creating and customizing your profile.
- Copyright: You retain all rights on the content you upload to the Aegora website. Aegora reserves the right to place that content on other pages than your profile; for example, your profile photograph will display on your contacts' network pages and next to your posts in group discussions. You alone are responsible for ensuring you have the necessary rights to the content you upload. Under no circumstances will Aegora be held liable for the content you post on the website.
This section describes the terms and conditions relating to use of Aegora's inter-member networking features.
- Contact Requests: Network-building should be an enjoyable and fruitful activity for all involved. You should send contact requests only to people who you know, online or offline (this includes people you meet and interact with on Aegora!). However, contact request spamming will not be tolerated; users whose contact requests are routinely refused may have their ability to send further contact requests curtailed, or their access to the Service may be summarily terminated.
- Declined Requests: As a member of Aegora, you agree to respect other members who may choose to decline your contact requests, for any reason, by not repeatedly sending contact requests to a member who has earlier refused them; this is also considered contact request spam.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Service, register on the Service, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Service. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, credit card information and/or financial institution information. Users may, however, visit our Service anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Service-related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Service. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Service, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. We may also use a third-party analytics service to provide information about our users' activity on the website in order to improve the Service.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Aegora may collect and use Users' personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided by our Service.
- To improve our Service
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when performing transactions only to provide services to that User's transactions. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service and process the transaction.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Service feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each newsletter. Users may also change their account receiving preferences in their account management screen.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored by our Service.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Service and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users' personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Service or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Service that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Service. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Service, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Compliance with children's online privacy protection act
We never collect or maintain information at our Service from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13. If you are under 13, you may not use the Service.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Service, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Service. Your continued use of the Servicefollowing the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
info [at] aegora.com
Aegora is Copyright © 2016, a product of Creadyne Developments, LLC. All rights reserved.
This document was last updated on March 4, 2016